Action Taken: Adopted
Action Taken: Accepted
Action Taken: No action taken
1. Considering proposals to amend the City Charter to:
- Explicitly add the City's authority to exercise power to control rents on private residential property in the City, and
- Add initiative and referendum for the sole purpose of exercising the City's authority to control rents on private residential property in the City.
2. Receiving an update from the City Attorney's Office.
3. Considering setting a public hearing for the proposed charter amendments.
Members may participate remotely by telephone or other electronic means due to the local public health emergency (novel coronavirus pandemic) declared on March 16, 2020, pursuant to the provisions of MN Statutes Section 13D.021.
This meeting may be recorded. Recordings of public meetings are posted for public access through the City’s Legislative Information Management System (LIMS), available at lims.minneapolismn.gov and from the City’s YouTube channel. If you participate in the public meeting, the information you provide may be classified as public data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; this could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Your attendance at the meeting;
- Your name, residential address, email or phone number, or other personal contact details;
- Your comments at the meeting, whether part of a formal hearing or comment period or otherwise; and
- Any submissions you provide before or after the meeting which are included as part of the public record of the meeting.
A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.