Police Conduct Oversight Commission
The Police Conduct Oversight Commission assures that police services are delivered in a lawful and nondiscriminatory manner by shaping police policy, auditing police misconduct cases, engaging the community in discussions of police procedure, and facilitating cultural awareness training for the Minneapolis Police Department.
The Commission is made up of Minneapolis residents appointed by the Mayor and Council. Residents who are or have previously been employed by the Minneapolis Police Department are ineligible to serve on the committee. All members must participate in an annual training session by the Minneapolis Department of Civil rights and complete portions of the Citizen's Academy.
Members will be appointed using the City's open appointments process.
- Show a strong commitment to community service
- Willingness to engage in community outreach events with the public
- Able to conduct themselves with integrity and maturity when dealing with emotionally charged matters;
- Ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and work collaboratively with City staff and stakeholders
- Willingness to work with the Minneapolis Police Department when reviewing practice and procedures; and
- Demonstrate the ability to read, apply logic, and evaluate complex information and compare it to existing rules, laws, or procedures for the purpose of improving police practices and policies
- Ability to successfully complete training that may include sessions on the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Open Meeting Laws, and police training opportunities
|Seat #||Name||Term Start||Term End||Appointing Authority||Membership Requirements|
|1||Vacant||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Council|
|2||John Sylvester||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Council|
|3||Vacant||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Council|
|4||Vacant||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Council|
|5||Kerry McGuire||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Mayor|
|6||Vacant||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Mayor|
|7||Vacant||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Mayor|
|8||Vacant||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Council|
|9||Jordan Crockett||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Mayor|