Police Conduct Oversight Commission
The Police Conduct Oversight Commission assures that police services are delivered in a lawful and nondiscriminatory manner by shaping police policy, auditing police misconduct cases, engaging the community in discussions of police procedure, and facilitating cultural awareness training for the Minneapolis Police Department.
The Commission is made up of Minneapolis residents appointed by the Mayor and Council. Residents who are or have previously been employed by the Minneapolis Police Department are ineligible to serve on the committee. All members must participate in an annual training session by the Minneapolis Department of Civil rights and complete portions of the Citizen's Academy.
Members will be appointed using the City's open appointments process.
- Show a strong commitment to community service
- Willingness to engage in community outreach events with the public
- Able to conduct themselves with integrity and maturity when dealing with emotionally charged matters;
- Ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and work collaboratively with City staff and stakeholders
- Willingness to work with the Minneapolis Police Department when reviewing practice and procedures; and
- Demonstrate the ability to read, apply logic, and evaluate complex information and compare it to existing rules, laws, or procedures for the purpose of improving police practices and policies
- Ability to successfully complete training that may include sessions on the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Open Meeting Laws, and police training opportunities
|Seat #||Name||Term Start||Term End||Appointing Authority||Membership Requirements|
|1||Vacant Apply Now||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Council|
|2||John Sylvester Apply Now||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Council|
|3||Vacant Apply Now||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Council|
|4||Vacant Apply Now||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Council|
|5||Kerry McGuire Apply Now||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Mayor|
|6||Vacant Apply Now||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Mayor|
|7||Vacant Apply Now||Jan 1, 2022||Dec 31, 2023||Mayor|
|8||Vacant Apply Now||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Council|
|9||Jordan Crockett Apply Now||Jan 1, 2021||Dec 31, 2022||Mayor|
|Police Conduct Oversight Commission Audit Subcommittee||The Police Conduct Oversight Commission Audit Committee assists the full Commission in fulfilling its responsibilities of overseeing the Minneapolis Police Department’s policy and procedure, compliance with law and policy, and organizational improvement in alignment with the strategies, objectives, and risks of the organization.||View Agendas & Minutes||View Meeting Calendar|
|Police Conduct Oversight Commission Policy and Procedure Subcommittee||The Police Conduct Oversight Commission Policy and Procedure Committee will facilitate the coordination of research and study, and will aid the Commission in identifying areas of further study that the Commission may overlook.||View Agendas & Minutes||View Meeting Calendar|