Roll Call.Quorum PresentAdoption of the agenda.Action Taken: Adopted as AmendedAcceptance of minutes
Action Taken: Accepted
Location: Online Meeting, Dial-In Number: 612-276-6670 Phone Conference ID: 552 471 136#
Land Acknowledgement: As we meet here today, we are reminded that Minneapolis is situated on the homelands of the Dakota people. An area that is steeped in rich Indigenous history, it is home to Indigenous people from more than 30 different nations. As a City, we have a responsibility to care for the land on which we live and work and all its natural surroundings. This stewardship is an integral part of our involvement in this commission, and we honor it as we begin our meeting. We now open this space to discuss ways in which we can support Indigenous people in our community.Action Taken: No action taken
Travel Demand Management, Parking and EV Charging Ordinance Changes
Do you have any thoughts on advice we want to provide, based on the presentation from our March meeting? If you want to see CEAC consider something, please put it here or we will drop this as a topic for next month. The links to the presentation and CEAC's letter from 2019 are also included in the doc.Action Taken: Approved
Presentation on the existing Minneapolis Climate Action PlanAction Taken: Received and filed
Breakout Sessions on Climate Equity and Action Plan Topic
Action Taken: Received and filed
- What should be added to the plan that’s not addressed in the current plan?
- Where does adaptation and mitigation fit into the plan?
- How does the city center equity and environmental justice ?
- What metrics or criteria should we use to measure Climate Equity, i.e. GHG, community health, ?
- What should our GHG goal be? Net Carbon Neutral? Others?
- How should CEAC be engaged in the plan development?
Updates from Commissioners
Future CEAC Meeting Topics:
May 19th - Science based Targets: Presentation by Mark Dhennin on how they are developed at Cummins
City Enterprise Green Building Policy
HOURCAR is launching an exciting new project which will provide shared EVs and EV charging infrastructure to residents of apartments and condominiums where none is currently available. The project - including the cost of construction and the cost of the vehicles - will be significantly underwritten by a partnership between HOURCAR and Xcel Energy with support from the US Department of Energy and is available at very low cost to participating site hosts. If you are a multifamily property owner, developer, or manager and have a site that meets our criteria or a city official looking to expand carsharing and electric vehicle options to your area we would love to talk to you!
Contact: Abby Alldaffer Multifamily Project Manager [email protected] (651)-400-2297Action Taken: Received and filed
This meeting may be recorded. Recordings of public meetings are posted for public access through the City’s Legislative Information Management System (LIMS), available at lims.minneapolismn.gov and from the City’s YouTube channel. If you participate in the public meeting, the information you provide may be classified as public data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; this could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Your attendance at the meeting;
- Your name, residential address, email or phone number, or other personal contact details;
- Your comments at the meeting, whether part of a formal hearing or comment period or otherwise; and
- Any submissions you provide before or after the meeting which are included as part of the public record of the meeting.
A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.