Roll Call.Adoption of the agenda.Acceptance of minutes of May 7, 2020.
Petitions and Communications
4736-4740 Grand Ave S, Ward 11
This item was continued from the May 7, 2020 meeting.
Staff Report by Lindsey Silas, PLAN10858
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Board of Adjustment adopt staff findings and deny the appeal of the decision of the Zoning Administrator approving preliminary development review for an 18-unit building with 18 parking spaces located at 4736 and 4740 Grand Ave S:
A. Appeal of the Decision of the Zoning Administrator.
Recommended motion: Deny the appeal of the decision of the Zoning Administrator.
2604 Cromwell Ct, Ward 13
Staff Report by Alex Kohlhaas, PLAN10850
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Zoning Board of Adjustment adopt staff findings for the application by Richard and Sara Knapp for the property located at 2604 Cromwell Court:
A. Variance to construct a chicken coop and outdoor play area.
Recommended motion: Approve the variance to develop on a steep slope in the SH Shoreland Overlay District, subject to the following conditions:
- Approval of final site, elevation, and floor plans by the Department of Community Planning and Economic Development.
- All site improvements shall be completed by May 21, 2022, unless extended by the Zoning Administrator, or the permit may be revoked for noncompliance.
- The animal coop and run shall be screened from adjacent residential properties in compliance with the requirements of Chapters 530 and 537 of the zoning code.
2432 Seabury Ave, Ward 2
Staff Report by Leah Dawkins, PLAN10904
This application has been withdrawn.
525 10th Ave SE, Ward 3
Staff Report by Alyssa Brandt, PLAN10901
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Zoning Board of Adjustment adopt staff findings for the application by Matthew Wolf for the property located at 525 10th Ave SE:
A. Variance to reduce the number of required off-street parking stalls from 19 to 11.
Recommended motion: Deny the variance to reduce the minimum off-street parking requirement.
Notice: Members of the Zoning Board of Adjustment may participate remotely by telephone or other electronic means due to the local public health emergency (novel coronavirus pandemic) declared on March 16, 2020, pursuant to the provisions of MN Statutes Section 13D.021. For more information on how to participate in virtual public hearings, please visit: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/index.htm
This meeting may be recorded. Recordings of public meetings are posted for public access through the City’s Legislative Information Management System (LIMS), available at lims.minneapolismn.gov and from the City’s YouTube channel. If you participate in the public meeting, the information you provide may be classified as public data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; this could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Your attendance at the meeting;
- Your name, residential address, email or phone number, or other personal contact details;
- Your comments at the meeting, whether part of a formal hearing or comment period or otherwise; and
- Any submissions you provide before or after the meeting which are included as part of the public record of the meeting.
A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.