Roll Call.Adoption of the agenda.Acceptance of minutes
ArbitrationMPD Discipline Policy
- Professor Manjeet Rege, St. Thomas University
- Managing Attorney Shawn Webb, Hennepin County Public Defender's Office
- Lieutenant Mario Ruberto, Metro Transit Police
General public comments
To make a public comment call
Conference ID: 294 656 289#
Or leave a written comment for the Police Conduct Oversight Commission.
Please limit public comment to two minutes.
Audit Subcommittee, Chair PineauPolicy & Procedure Subcommittee, Chair CerraChair UpdateStaff Update
Directing Chair to reach out to Council and Mayor's Office to summarize Lt. Ruberto's presentation, provide his contact information, and express that the Police Conduct Oversight Commission supports the Familiar Faces pilot program and hopes it can move forward.
Directing the Chair to bring up the possibility of decriminalizing nuisance misdemeanors with the City Council and invite the Council to engage in that discussion with the Police Conduct Oversight Commission if they choose.
Referring the arbitration matter to the Audit Subcommittee to open a formal Research and Study on the ten instances where the City lost in arbitration or the decision was partially overturned and try to do a root cause analysis of what caused the bad outcomes and what recommendations the Police Conduct Oversight Commission might offer to improve outcomes.
Referring to the Audit Subcommittee a secondary part of the arbitration Research and Study that asks the question “how does the new discipline policy impact outcomes in arbitration”.
This meeting may be recorded. Recordings of public meetings are posted for public access through the City’s Legislative Information Management System (LIMS), available at lims.minneapolismn.gov and from the City’s YouTube channel. If you participate in the public meeting, the information you provide may be classified as public data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; this could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Your attendance at the meeting;
- Your name, residential address, email or phone number, or other personal contact details;
- Your comments at the meeting, whether part of a formal hearing or comment period or otherwise; and
- Any submissions you provide before or after the meeting which are included as part of the public record of the meeting.
A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.