Roll Call.Adoption of the agenda.Acceptance of minutes
110 3rd Ave N, Ward 3
Staff Report by Sheila Vemmer, PLAN11361
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the application by Evan Jacobsen for the property located at 110 3rd Ave N in the Warehouse Historic District:
Certificate of Appropriateness.
Recommended motion: Approve the certificate of appropriateness to allow the construction of a new eight-story mixed-use building with 107 residential units and ground floor commercial space, subject to the following conditions:
- All rooftop structures, decks, and mechanical equipment shall be setback a minimum of 15 feet.
- No signage is approved as part of this application. All signage shall be separately reviewed and approved in the future.
- Increase first floor façade glazed fenestration at 1st Street North to equal a minimum of 50% of the first-floor façade area per District Guideline 37.
- Increase overall façade fenestration on each elevation, where lacking, to equal a minimum of 35% of the total façade area per District Guideline 3.38.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approved is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one-year extension if the request is made in writing no later than August 25, 2022.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this certificate of appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this certificate of appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.