Roll Call.Adoption of the agenda.Acceptance of minutes of Apr 21, 2020.
800 Washington Ave N, Ward 3
This item was continued from the April 7, 2020 and April 21, 2020 meetings.
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the application by TractorWorks LLC for the property located at 800 Washington Ave N in the Warehouse Historic District:
A. Certificate of Appropriateness.
Recommended motion: Approve the certificate of appropriateness to repair and rehabilitate window wells, guardrails and stone stairs; to partially demolish the annex addition and construct a new exterior annex wall and at-grade patio, subject to the following conditions:
- No waterproof coating will be applied to any historic masonry.
- No sandblasting is permitted on any historic masonry.
- All new aluminum frame systems shall be painted rather than anodized.
- No artificial turf shall be installed in the patio area.
- By ordinance, approvals are valid for a period of two years from the date of the decision unless required permits are obtained and the action approved is substantially begun and proceeds in a continuous basis toward completion. Upon written request and for good cause, the planning director may grant up to a one-year extension if the request is made in writing no later than May 5, 2022.
- By ordinance, all approvals granted in this certificate of appropriateness shall remain in effect as long as all of the conditions and guarantees of such approvals are observed. Failure to comply with such conditions and guarantees shall constitute a violation of this certificate of appropriateness and may result in termination of the approval.
2309 Plymouth Ave, Ward 5
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt staff findings for the application by James Archer for the property located at 2309 Plymouth Avenue North:
A. Demolition of Historic Resource.
Recommended motion: Deny the demolition of historic resource application, Establish interim protection; and Direct the Planning Director to prepare or cause to be prepared a designation study of the former church located at 2309 Plymouth Avenue North.
Joyce Memorial Methodist Church Landmark Designation, 1219 West 31st Street, Ward 10
Staff Report by Rob Skalecki, PLAN10851
The Department of Community Planning and Economic Development recommends that the Heritage Preservation Commission and City Council adopt staff findings for the local designation of Joyce Memorial Methodist Church:
A. Historic District Designation.
Recommended motion: Approve the local designation of Joyce Memorial Methodist Church.
National Register of Historic Places Nomination
Sound 80 Studios, 2709 E 25th St, Ward 2
Staff Report by Rob Skalecki
Staff recommends the Heritage Preservation Commission adopt this CPED report, approve the National Register nomination for the Sound 80 at 2709 East 25th Street, and direct staff to transmit a letter summarizing the report to the State Historic Preservation Officer.
Notice: Members of the Heritage Preservation Commission may participate remotely by telephone or other electronic means due to the local public health emergency (novel coronavirus pandemic) declared on March 16, 2020, pursuant to the provisions of MN Statutes Section 13D.021. For more information on how to participate in virtual public hearings, please visit: http://www.minneapolismn.gov/meetings/index.htm
This meeting may be recorded. Recordings of public meetings are posted for public access through the City’s Legislative Information Management System (LIMS), available at lims.minneapolismn.gov and from the City’s YouTube channel. If you participate in the public meeting, the information you provide may be classified as public data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; this could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Your attendance at the meeting;
- Your name, residential address, email or phone number, or other personal contact details;
- Your comments at the meeting, whether part of a formal hearing or comment period or otherwise; and
- Any submissions you provide before or after the meeting which are included as part of the public record of the meeting.
A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.