Members: Council Members Jeremiah Ellison (Chair), Andrea Jenkins (Vice-Chair), Kevin Reich, Cam Gordon, Steve Fletcher, Phillipe Cunningham, Jamal Osman, Lisa Goodman, Alondra Cano, Lisa Bender, Jeremy Schroeder, Andrew Johnson, and Linea Palmisano (Quorum: 7)
Clerk: Rachel Blanford, (612) 673-2216
Receiving and filing a report relating to the contract awards or amendments approved by the Ad hoc Work Group established for American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) related expenditures for the week of November 8, 2021.
Receiving and filing a report relating to the economic impact study of the City’s minimum wage ordinance.
Receiving and filing a presentation on the City's minimum wage economic impact study from the Economic Policy Institute.
Receiving and filing a report on the status of planning for the implementation of the government structure (executive mayor - legislative council) charter amendment.
Directing the City Clerk and City Auditor to identify, evaluate, and report back with recommendations about the dedicated resources which should be provided to support the legislative, policymaking, oversight, and representative functions of the City Council, as detailed in the Charter Commission’s report [see LIMS File No. CH2021-00012] based on operating structures, staffing plans, and other resources provided in select comparable jurisdictions which meet the qualifications identified by the City Clerk; specifically, those jurisdictions which have—
- A comparable Mayor-Council governance structure in which municipal powers are separated in distinct executive and legislative branches;
- A City Council that serves in a full time capacity and exercises similar functions as those assigned to the Minneapolis City Council;
- A standing committee system which primarily handles the majority of legislative, policymaking, and oversight functions of the City Council; and
- A separate, dedicated support structure (staffing, budget, technology, etc.) to enable the City Council to function as a co-equal partner to the Mayor in community governance.
Recommendations should be reported back to the full Council early enough in the new term to allow the Council to make informed decisions for how to ensure it is adequately resources to support its work.
Reports of Committees
The Reports of Committees portion of the agenda is an opportunity for Council Members to review recommendations coming forward to the next full council meeting for consideration. Reports for each committee are linked to this document below.
Actions referred to Council:
Nov 19, 2021
Next Committee meeting:
Dec 9, 2021
This meeting may be recorded. Recordings of public meetings are posted for public access through the City’s Legislative Information Management System (LIMS), available at lims.minneapolismn.gov and from the City’s YouTube channel. If you participate in the public meeting, the information you provide may be classified as public data pursuant to the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act; this could include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Your attendance at the meeting;
- Your name, residential address, email or phone number, or other personal contact details;
- Your comments at the meeting, whether part of a formal hearing or comment period or otherwise; and
- Any submissions you provide before or after the meeting which are included as part of the public record of the meeting.
A portion of this meeting may be closed to the public pursuant to MN Statutes Section 13D.03 or 13D.05.
For reasonable accommodations or alternative formats please contact the City Clerk's Office at 612-673-2216 or e-mail
People who are deaf or hard of hearing can use a relay service to call 311 at 612-673-3000. TTY users call 612-673-2157 or 612-673-2626.
Para asistencia 612-673-2700 - Rau kev pab 612-673-2800 - Hadii aad Caawimaad u baahantahay 612-673-3500.